Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Eastern Oregon




After a very fun descent from McKenzie pass I went through the town of Sisters just north of Bend, and saw that awesome collection of bikes, there was a parade before I got to town. I should have climbed faster.

Eastern Oregon is pretty desolate. I stayed in this small town of about 150 people called Mitchell. I was the only one at the hostel. I watch too much TV because it felt like the Bates Motel. Even though every one was super nice. The towns claim to fame was a black bear named Henry, that lived in the middle of town. A biker rally had just finished up in Baker City OR, so there were a lot of motorcycles on the road. I can't help but imagine how funny it would be if I rode my bike in an ass-less pair of leather chaps and they rode theirs in spandex. As Oregon has dried out on the eastern side I am amazed at how many snakes I see on the road they are mostly dead but they must have been alive sometimeB

No comments: