Saturday, June 23, 2007

Montana is amazing

Leaving Missolua I headed South through the Bitteroot Valley, gorgeous mountains to the West. One section of our ride was on old farm roads, really nice to get away from traffic. I spent Thursday night in the little town of Sula, not much there but I had a nice evening of sleep and some awesome biscuits and gravy in the morning.

Heading out of Sula towards Jackson Hot Springs you climb over Chief Joseph Pass, a slow grind up, but the views were amazing. After summiting the pass you descend into an immense valley known as Big Hole Valley, mountains as far as the eye can see. We spent the rest of the afternoon in the Big Hole Valley. Along the way you pass the Big Hole battlefield a site at which the army slaughtered the Nez Perce Indians, really sad. I spent the night at Jackson Hot Springs not much there but a lively place. I am currently in Dillon, MT it suits me, kind of funky and outdoorsy.

I am running a little ahead of schedule, I should be coming into the state of Colorado on the 1st of July and plan on being in Summit county for the fourth of July. I am also currently seeking riding partners for the great state of Kansas lovely waves of grain, straight flat roads, and Bar-B-Que

No comments: